Thursday, March 10, 2016

What to Expect Moving Forward

Just finished the Lit Review (filed under Deliverables). With this assignment, which is one of only a few remaining for term three, I saw it fit to make a public update regarding what I have so far and what direction I'm going in.

At this point, I have a really solid collection of artifacts. So far I've managed to cover all my bases, so to speak, those being the topics of sound science, differences in cultural music traditions, and avant-garde work. I plan to try and expand further with some more sources (without going totally overkill), but currently I'm content with the arsenal of information I've amassed. Also, all the CAPS assignments thus far have been completed, all of which can be found in Documents (except the Big 3, which is in About the Project).

So where am I going from here, you may ask? Good question! I'm mainly in the process of setting up interviews. I currently have arrangements with some Berklee students and plan to get in contact with some local music producers and music/art therapists. I'm also formulating how to do some focus groups comprised of random participants (NNHS students) in which I'll showcase 3-ish contrasting songs and ask what images they left behind, what impressions they made, etc.

If you want to know anything else about my progress/where I'm at, questions are welcome in this posts' comment section!

No comments:

Post a Comment